Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Journal Misplaced (Hyperbole and a Half Tribute)


It was Sunday night. I was driving home from an evening of
Crosspoint and hanging out with friends.

Content. Reflecting on my weekend. Enjoying the car ride. Even singing some.

Suddenly, I glanced over to my passenger seat
and noticed that not everything had made its way back into my car.
Purse, Check. Phone, Check. Bible&Journal...


NOT THERE.
I was slightly worried
I couldn't remember leaving it anywhere, but surely it was somewhere safe.
I decided to worry about in the morning.

So that next morning
I remembered that I had probably left it at my friends house.





The yellow house.
Nice girls live there.
I love them.

I expected to walk in and it be there on the table.




Unfortunately, this was NOT the case.
It went a little something like this.





I then immediately checked all the alternative places it could possibly be.






Sad and defeated, I left the house and got back in my car.


While in my car, I realized that this was bigger than just not having my journal.
This means that my journal was floating out there somewhere!
All those secret thoughts and words!
Likely to fall in the hands of strangers.. or even friends!

I sat there, letting fear overtake my mind.

I became quite distraught.

And although I wish I could tell you this has a happy ending,
Unfortunately, that is not the story my friends.
My journal is still somewhere out there.
Helpless, scared, and alone.







3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (dramatic laughter)
    sooo funny. i laughed hard at everything. mostly the "Hi i'm not yours :)" and Gloria.

    Genius.

    I love you. I'm glad you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is so funny!!! (Not the part about not being able to find the journal). But the story and the drawings are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!!
    Love the "are you a SPY" note on the mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete